Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune
M.S (General Surgery)
Padmashree Dr.D.Y.Patil University, Pune.
Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (F.MAS)
World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS) from World Laparoscopy Hospital,Gurgaon.
Diploma in Minimal Access Surgery (D.MAS)
World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS) from World Laparoscopy Hospital,Gurgaon.(Trained in Laparoscopic, Endoscopic and Robotic techniques)
Training in ear reconstruction
Under Dr.Satoru Nagata, Nagata Ear and Plastic Surgery Clinic, Saitama, Japan.
M.Ch in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, Kerala, India.
- Cryptorchidism with bilateral malignant transformation-British Journal of Urology International. DOI: 10.1002/BJUIw-2012-061-web
- Necrotising Fascitis : A study of 48 cases.-Indian Journal of Surgery. DOI: 10.1007/s12262-013-0835-2.
- Intra Abdominal Pressure -A Simple, Yet Reliable Indicator For The Diagnosis And Prognosis Of Appendicitis"-Medical Journal of Dr.D.Y.Patil University. DOI: 10.4103/0975-2870.126328.
- Effect of cholecystectomy in cholelithiasis on serum lipid and blood glucose parameters". Archives of International Surgery. DOI:10.4103/2278-9596.122926.
- A novel technique for closure of post excisional soft tissue defects of axillary hidradenitis suppurativa.Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery. DOI: 10.4103/0970-0358.146680.
- Anatomic basis for an algorithmic approach for free fibula flap donor side selection in composite oro-mandibular defects. Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery. (Manuscript I.D: IJPS_197_14).
- Objective analysis of microtia reconstruction in Indian patients and modifications in management protocol. Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery.(Manuscript I.D: IJPS_115_15).
- Effect of External Volume Expansion (EVE) on the survival of fat grafts.Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery.
- Soft embalming of cadavers for training purposes: Optimising for long-term use in tropical weather. Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery.
- Total femoral prosthesis in malignant bone tumors: A case series. Cancer therapy & Oncology International Journal.
- First two bilateral hand transplantations in India (Part 1): From vision to reality.
- First two bilateral hand transplantations in India (Part 2): Technical details
- First two bilateral hand transplantations in India (Part 3): Rehabilitation and immediate outcome.
- First two bilateral hand transplantations in India (Part 4): immediate post operative care, immunosuppression protocol and monitoring.
Papers sent for Publication:
- “Robotic surgery in Endometriosis: A review.” – British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- “Robotics in Gastro-Intestinal Malignancies: A literature review for the past, current trends and future perspective.” – World Journal of Surgery
- Post mastectomy breast reconstruction: A single institution review of 124 cases. Indian Journal of Surgery
Papers currently working on:
- Ileostomy complications: A 17 year single institution retrospective study.
- Living Donor Liver Transplantation in Hepato cellular carcinoma.
- Vaccum Assisted Wound Closure therapy in the management of large abdominal wall defects.
- Large abdominal wall defect with multiple entero-atmospheric fistulae: A reconstructive challenge.
- Abdominoplasty tissue as a training tool for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery trainees.
Awards & Achievements:
- Member of the Surgical Team that performed the first three (3) Bilateral Hand Transplantations in India.
- Member of the first Tracheal Transplantation in India. (Second in the World).
- Research grant from the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI) for the best research project 2014-15.
- Recipient of the APSI Grant for trainees to attend APSICON for the year 2016.
- Stood 2 nd in the Best paper presentation at the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India Conference 2014 – Kerala Chapter at Calicut, Kerala. – Post mastectomy breast reconstruction: A single institution review of 124 cases.
- Stood 2 nd in the Best paper presentation at the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India Conference 2015 – Kerala Chapter at Munnar, Kerala. – Abdominoplasty skin flaps for Plastic Surgery resident training.
- Stood 3 rd in the Quiz competition at the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India Conference 2014 – Kerala Chapter at Calicut, Kerala.
- Awarded the prestigious Gyan Burman Fellowship in Hepato- Biliary and Pancreatic Surgery (International Hepato-Biliary- Pancreatic Association), Department of Gastro-surgery And Liver Transplantation, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, NewDelhi.
- Awarded a Certificate of Commendation by the Directorate of Field Publicity, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. Government of India for standing 2 nd in the Essay writing competitions of 1996.
- Awarded the M/S Andhra Bank Gold Medal for 1997-98 for securing 94% in English in the All India Secondary School Examinations.
- Awarded the Certificate of Merit by the Central Board of Secondary Education for reasons of outstanding academic performance and for being among the top 0.1% of successful candidates of the All India Secondary School Examination.